In the domain of General Finance, banks play a very important role. Talking about banks and bank accounts, the savings account is one of the most common forms of bank accounts which are available today. These accounts contribute a great deal to the overall banking business in the United States of America. Over the years, competition has become stiff in the banking sector; as a result, different banks are offering various kinds of account features to attract more customers.
In order to open a new savings account, there are certain aspects which need to be kept in mind. The following section would offer a brief guide on some of the considerations which need to be made while opening a savings account.
Things to Consider while opening a New Savings Account
This section will carry certain important information which would help people to understand the various important aspects related to the Saving Account.
- Interest and Savings: When it comes to the features of any savings accounts, the most important thing is whether that particular account bears any kind of interest. After every month end, a list is provided which indicates the interest which has been credited to that account. This indicates that based on the prevailing rate of interest, an amount has been credited to that account. It is always advisable to go for those savings accounts which offer interests at a fairly reasonable rate.
- Detailed Statement: A detailed statement of the account should be available to the account bearer whenever it is necessary. The account statement must contain all the details with regards to the deposits, transfer, interest received or any sort of charges which has been debited from the account. A detailed statement presents a true and fair view of the account.
- Account Transfer: In today’s world, it is very important to have the account transfer facilities. It means that the account bearer can transfer the funds from his account to any other accounts, which might be his own or any other third party. The account transfer facilities help a lot when it comes to business transaction and the entire process can be completed quickly and smoothly
- Chequing Links: One very important aspect which needs to be taken into consideration is whether the savings account can be linked with the chequing account, as this can be very helpful when it comes to preventing an overdraft. If both the accounts are linked then the possibilities of a cheque bounce reduce to a great extent as funds can be adjusted from both the accounts together.
- Online Banking: This is another very important feature which needs to be considered. It can be very annoying to visit the bank or the ATM in person every single time one needs to check his account balance or transfer funds. With the help of the online banking facilities, things become much easier and everything can be accomplished from the comfort of one’s home. Be it checking the account balance or transferring the funds, online banking offers everything.